is a wrinkle relaxer very similar to Botox. The desired effects are the same and Dysport®
is used to relax frown and worry lines and smooth wrinkles.
How Dysport® Dosage Is Different
- Time to effectiveness. Dysport® is said to be faster-acting for some patients
- Diffusion "spread" may be better and thus may be more widely effective for forehead wrinkles
- Longevity- some possible increase in longevity but not determined to be substantial
Dosing units are not comparative to Botox. An average conversion is 3 units of Dysport®
o 1 unit of Botox. Your treatment with Dysport®
will use an equivalent amount of the neuro-protein. As with Botox, individual requirements will vary from person to person. Men generally require more units for full effect than the units required by women.
Is Dysport® Better?
and Botox are so closely matched in effect; there is no determination of one being better than the other. Sometimes it will be a mater of choice and Dr. Romine will suggest one or the other dependant upon area of use. In some cases, she may use both products but in different areas.
Where is Dysport® Used?
How long does Dysport® last?
- Frown lines
- Worry lines
- Crow’s feet
- Brow asymmetry
- As a "Chemical Brow Lift"
- Bunny lines
- Down-turned mouth corner
- Neck "cords" or "bands"
- Chin contraction or dimpling
effects last around 3 to 6 months; depending on the location of the injection and how many years the area has been injected with a neuro-protein. Results also are dependant on your muscle activity and your body’s individual response.